Logistics for February 6, 2020
|Event:||Meet and Greet our State Legislators|
|Day:||Thursday, February 6, 2020|
|Time:||Arrive at 10:00 a.m. (not before)|
|Engage with Legislators 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.|
|Departure after 1:00 p.m. (or per your schedule)|
Location: Baltimore County Delegation Room
Room 180, House Office Building, 6 Bladen Street, Annapolis, 21401
- Buses should drop participants off at the front Bladen Street entrance.
- Valid photo identification is required to gain access to the building such as a driver’s license or a facility picture ID.
- You will be required to go through a security screening with bags going through a scanner. DO NOT bring a pocket knife or objects that could be confiscated.
- The House building is fully handicapped accessible, with elevators and handicapped-accessible restrooms available.
- We encourage you to bring lunch since the canteen is in another building.
10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Barbara Brocato – MaCCRA Legislative Liaison
Ann MacKay – MaCCRA President
Governor’s Office – Invited
Speaker of the House – Invited
Office of the Senate President – Invited
Legislative Overview – 441st Session
Bills of Interest to CCRC residents (as of January 9, 2020)
Senate Bill 22 (Senator Chris West) – Election Law – Polling Places at Continuing Care Retirement Communities
Senate Bill 40 (Senator Clarence Lam) – Sales and Use Tax – Diapers – Exemption
Adult incontinent products to be included.
Visits from Invited Legislators
Invite your legislators before the day